You may qualify for the City of Phoenix-COVID-19 Cares Program!
Dear Potential Applicant,
Please read this entire document to familiarize yourself with all guidelines for applying for the City of Phoenix-COVID-19 Cares Program.
The City of Phoenix-COVID-19 Cares Program is a utility, rental, and mortgage grant assistance program by which you can receive a one-time grant totaling up to $4,200. This grant is not income based.
Grant distribution information:
||APS, SRP, Southwest Gas
||City of Phoenix
||Landlord, Leasing or Mortgage Company
*Third-party billing agencies are not accepted
You may qualify for the City of Phoenix-COVID-19 Cares Program if you meet the following criteria:
- Have proof of US citizenship (birth certificate or passport) or legal residence (see list below).
- See attached document labeled Acceptable Verification Documents Supporting Applicant’s Lawful Presence in the U.S. for acceptable documentation.
- Reside in the City of Phoenix or receive a City of Phoenix Water Bill.
- Have been financially impacted by COVID-19 national pandemic on or after March 1, 2020.
- The ONLY allowable reasons along with the acceptable documentation are listed below. If it is not listed, then it is not allowable.
Please note that households in subsidized housing must have a rental obligation to qualify for rental assistance. If you do not meet the above qualifications, you would not qualify for this particular grant. If you are not eligible for this particular grant, please contact Rhoshawndra Carnes at email@example.com other potential resources.
The following documents are needed to make a complete application package to be reviewed:
- Pilgrim Rest COVID-19 Application (see attached). Please fill out all sections and place N/A if it applies. Please do not write in sections that are clearly marked not to write in them.
- Provide proof of being a legal citizen of the US.
See attached document-Acceptable Verification Documents Supporting Applicant’s Lawful Presence in the U.S. Provide proof that you live in the City of Phoenix (see list below) or live outside of the City of Phoenix where City of Phoenix water service is provided (one of your forms of documentation MUST be a City of Phoenix Water Bill). Provide rent or mortgage documentation.
- Rent- submit your current lease, monthly statements are not allowed.
- Mortgage- submit your current mortgage statement.
Submit ALL (APS, SRP, SW Gas, COP Water, etc.) current utility bills in your household regardless of the balance owed.
- Submit your most current electric bill-Arizona Public Service-APS or Salt River Project-SRP. For SRP M-Power please submit a receipt that has your account number on the bill.
- Submit your most current gas bill-Southwest Gas-SWG.
- Submit your most current City of Phoenix Water Bill.
*Please note utility bills included within the monthly rent will not be accepted.
Provide proof of legal U.S. citizenship or residence. Please see attached document entitled Acceptable Verification Documents Supporting Applicant’s Lawful Presence in the U.S.
City of Phoenix Address/Residency Verification Documents (only one is needed)
- Arizona Driver’s license
- Work or school ID
- Public benefit award letter. examples include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) award letter
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) award letter
- Utility bill (a City of Phoenix Water Bill is needed, if you reside outside of the City of Phoenix)
- Mortgage statement / lease agreement
- Other reasonable sources
Acceptable Documentation for Verification of Legal Residency (only one is needed)
- US Passport
- Birth Certificate
- ID card from s State health agency or social service program
- Social Security card
- Voter registration card
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of US Citizenship
- Proof of employment as a US Government Civil Servant before June 1, 1976
- Certificate of Indian Blood
- Other reasonable sources
*PLEASE SUBMIT ALL INFORMATION including all bills at once.
This grant is provides one time assistance of up to $4,200.
Acceptable reasons to determine financial impact of COVID-19 pandemic experienced on or after March 1, 2020.
a. Provide a Termination letter from your former employer.
b. Provide Proof of unemployment application.
c. Provide Proof you have applied for benefits.
d. Provide proper documentation of Self-certification of termination of employment if employment is not tied to a formal employment structure (i.e. mechanics, babysitters, housekeeper, barber/cosmetologist etc.).
2. Impact to Household Income
a. Hours Reduced
- Provide an Employer letter stating change in hours.
- Provide Paystubs from last three pay cycles showing a reduction in hours.
b. Wages Reduced
- Provide an Employer letter regarding wage reduction or notice of furlough.
- Provide an Employer letter of current/future hours per pay period.
- Provide an Unemployment letter/ SSI benefits discontinued.
c. Day Care
1) Provide documentation to tie increased expenses due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
2) Provide proper documentation of Self-certification of termination of employment, if employment is not tied to a formal employment structure (i.e. mechanics, babysitters,housekeeper, barber/cosmetologist, etc.).
Please be advised that due to the large volume of applications we are receiving, allow up to 10 business days for us to review the application package you have submitted to see if you are eligible for the grant. Pilgrim Rest is committed to providing as timely a response as possible, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
*Upon receipt of all required documentation your application will be reviewed.
Please email all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please add: Application of (Your Full Name) for City of Phoenix-COVID-19 Cares Program to the subject line.
Pilgrim Rest COVID-19 Application
Acceptable Verification Documents Supporting Applicant’s Lawful Presence